Friday, November 15, 2013

`“I was deceived!”


I shared with the congregation at the end of the service just before the offering that I had been deceived.  Last week, I was told that there weren’t enough chairs for everyone, so we decided to use the accumulated offerings to buy new chairs.  We bought 12 more.  And confident that we’d have extra chairs for visitors, we welcomed each family to our worship service after our music classes on Sunday. 

Well, when all was said and done, we filled up the chairs once again and were left with not a single chair available.  “I was deceived!”  God brought in several new families and our congregation is growing. 

You’ve been praying and God’s been answering.  I challenged those giving offerings to consider the need and give accordingly.  Hopefully we can buy some more chairs as we accumulate more funds.

No comments:

Post a Comment